Whether your company is beginning its safety journey or working towards world-class performance, the Safety Training Evaluation Process (STEP) will provide you with the necessary tools to meet your safety goals.
Participating in STEP provides you with an opportunity to measure your safety program's progress through the 20 Key Components Self-Evaluation, identify areas of improvement, and benchmark your performance with fellow ABC members.
Benefits of Participating in STEP:
- Gives an organized approach to analyze and further develop our company's safety and loss prevention program
- Offers an objective method to measure your company's safety program improvements from year to year.
- Enables you to benchmark your firm's safety record with similar companies and industry averages.
- Provides your company with safety performance recognition that can be used as an important business development tool with potential clients.
- Helps reduce your company's incidence rates and days away, restricted or transferred (DART) rates.
- Helps lower your company's Experience Modification Rate (EMR of "mod factor"), which can lower annual worker's compensation insurance rates
STEP Improves Performance
Read ABC’s 2020 Safety Performance Report to understand the impact of STEP participation on safety performance. Packed with infographics and practical takeaways, the report documents the dramatic impact of using proactive safety practices to reduce recordable incidents by up to 88 percent, making the best-performing companies 827 percent safer than the industry average.
ABC & CNA: Strategic Partners in Construction Safety
ABC's Mission is to help its' members win work and perform their work safely, ethically, and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which we live and work. As part of our commitment to helping you achieve world-class safety, ABC is proud to partner with CNA: a leading commercial insurance carrier serving the industry for over 60 years- to provide unprecedented access to safety tools designed to help strengthen your safety and health program.
ABC and CNA are working together to bring the newest and best resources to ABC members. From interactive toolbox talks for use on mobile devices to International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) credits towards your certifications through CNA's School of Risk Control Excellence (SORCE) webinars, ABC and CNA are working together to help all of our members build world-class safety programs
or contact Scott Giesler at ABC.
9255 Market Place West
Broadview Heights, OH 44147